ClockOn offers a rostering system in our software packages. If you'd like to learn more about it (or book a demo of how it works) click here. If you're unfamiliar with rostering systems, continue reading to learn how it all works.
What is a rostering system?
A rostering system, also known as a scheduling system or a workforce management system, is a tool or software used by organisations to manage and create schedules for their employees. It is commonly used in industries such as healthcare, retail, hospitality, and manufacturing, where there is a need to efficiently allocate and manage human resources.
The primary purpose of a rostering system is to ensure that the right number of employees with the necessary skills and qualifications are available at the right times to meet operational demands. It helps organisations optimise staffing levels, minimise labour costs, and ensure adequate coverage for shifts, projects, or specific tasks.
Rostering system features
- Shift planning: The system allows managers to create and define shifts based on various parameters such as time, duration, skill requirements, and employee availability.
- Employee scheduling: Managers can assign employees to specific shifts based on their skills, preferences, availability, and any applicable labour laws or regulations.
- Time and attendance tracking: The system tracks employee attendance, time worked, and absences. It may include features like clocking in and out, timesheet management, and leave management.
- Real-time updates and notifications: The system provides up-to-date information on schedule changes, shift swaps, and employee availability, ensuring effective communication among the workforce.
- Compliance and rules enforcement: Rostering systems often include rule-based engines that consider factors such as labour laws, contractual agreements, and internal policies to ensure scheduling compliance and prevent violations.
- Reporting and analytics: These systems generate reports and analytics on various aspects of scheduling, including labour costs, overtime, employee utilisation, and productivity, to help managers make data-driven decisions.
- Integration capabilities: Rostering systems may integrate with other HR or payroll systems (such as Xero or MYOB), allowing seamless data flow and reducing administrative overhead.
ClockOn Rostering Software
The ClockOn rostering screen provides you with the ability to manage your staff timesheets with a view of seeing multiple employees on a per-day basis. This allows you to easily see your staff allocation for the period of days.
This screen is designed to view the shifts prior to the employee's clocking time their times
Filter by location and/or department to view only the employees relevant to your needs
Why Choose ClockOn
Rosters can be created for individual employees or specific roles, and labour costs can be precisely controlled. Whether you’re managing a small business or a large organisation, ClockOn Rostering has the tools you need to get the job done efficiently, So why wait? Check out our website today to learn more about how ClockOn Rostering can benefit your business.